Monday, November 12, 2007

Playing house

I love to play house- moving things around, hanging pictures, lighting candles. I go into a bit of a creative never, never land when I am playing. It feels similar to going to a movie and looking up 2 hours later and feeling disoriented.

Last night I was playing on the patio wanting to get the plants in their "right" position. It was a purely magical moment as I lit all the candles and just felt the beauty of creation.

I feel so blessed right now- somehow that sounds too light for the my feeling. I guess it is more like deep gratitude. Living in this cool city right in the heart of the activity. I love it!

This summer we saw the wonderful movie, The Waitress. During the movie, one of the characters writes spontaneous poems. He does this often and at odd times. When we returned home, Katie added this to the splash page of our computer.

Spontaneous poem:
We are moving to Austin
and we have a cool cool house
in a cool cool neighborhood
we are so cool cool!!!!

I am definitely not cool but the house and the neighborhood are cool, cool. For that I hold great gratitude. I didn't deserve it or have to have it, but I sure do like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are to cool, by which I mean you are, not that you are so cool you are no longer cool. You are at a cool equilibrium.

About Me

Hmmm...Who am I? let's see the facts first. I'm 48 years old, married to my high school sweet heart, Bob. I I'm a mess most of the time, but everyone always thinks I really have it together. I love to listen to people and hear their stories. Art and writing are my spiritual practices. I deeply believe in god and that god is love. My theology is wide and constantly changing. When I was 18 I wrote out 4 pages single spaced on spiritual questions I had about life. I'm not sure I've answered any of them.