Friday, November 30, 2007

Love/Hate

Things I love: Talking on the phone especially to my parents, hearing Bob's car pull in the driveway, tote bags, anything with the Virgin Mary, Katie's eager footsteps in the morning, gardening stores, "love you" at the end of every call with Mary, my new huge bathtub, the number 650-224-2638 popping up on my cell, walking through any museum, a new novel, going to Whole Foods for my morning coffee, a great conversation, lighting all the candles in the house on Friday night, my green sweater, mismatched anything, strays, Maundy Thursday church service, the 4th of July, going to the beach alone, Bishop's Ranch.

Things I hate: The ringing of the home phone, doctors, Christmas, dentists, crowded places, big concerts, mini vans, shiny furniture, the use of the word He for God, clowns, yelling, weak coffee, people who are mean to my children, journals with lines, bad smelling candles, malls, traffic, windows that you can't see out of, TV, tight clothes, dead plants.

What do you love/hate?

No comments:

About Me

Hmmm...Who am I? let's see the facts first. I'm 48 years old, married to my high school sweet heart, Bob. I I'm a mess most of the time, but everyone always thinks I really have it together. I love to listen to people and hear their stories. Art and writing are my spiritual practices. I deeply believe in god and that god is love. My theology is wide and constantly changing. When I was 18 I wrote out 4 pages single spaced on spiritual questions I had about life. I'm not sure I've answered any of them.