Twenty years ago in the wee hours of the morning I gave birth to Mary Elizabeth Carlton. I am somehow astounded that it has been 20 years - on one hand it seems like Mary has been here since the beginning of time- but then it seems as clear as yesterday that I stared at her sweet little face and fell deeply in love.
Tonight I thank god for Mary- her kind, compassionate heart, her sense of justice for all, her honesty - may the coming years into adulthood be full of great experiences, abundant love, and a continued commitment to make this world a better place.
Through these twenty years I have learned that the child is often the teacher. From Mary I have learned to open my heart to a wider sense of love and to let down guards to become a more honest person.
Happy 20th birthday....your mama loves you!
No comments:
Post a Comment