I quit my job. For the past 4+ years I have run a 24 hour Crisis Center. Our phone room always felt like a temple - a holy place where people kept vigil, available for the wounded and the suffering ...like clockwork every four hours twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. My job was to make that holy space work. Keep the workers trained, fed, loved. Listen to their stories after a difficult call. I walked daily with an amazing group of wounded healers. In a sense, I was their priest.
And so I will soon walk away from that holy temple...changed forever. And now I being called to wait, to hold vigil with myself. To listen for where the call and nudge is coming from. To be open to that voice that whispered (and yelled), "It's time to go."
I sit in the open and I wait ...the shore is not in sight...but I am escaping into the open.
2 comments:
Congratulations on being brave enough to envision what lies next and taking that step!
escaping into the open - with the heaven open above you.
waiting is hard, but your gifts and your talents, your bravery and your patience will be used for His glory.
and it will be glorious
Post a Comment