“Stay awake”….that is what my monk friend told me about 3 weeks ago. I’ve been trying this and it’s more difficult than I expected.
Staying awake means staying present to all that is going on around me..to my feelings, to the feelings of those around me. It feels almost like sensory overload. No wonder I spend so much time distracted by computers, books, errands.
If I stay awake…I feel happiness, sadness, joy, pain, worry, fear, anticipation. Awake I notice the real joys of life…a funny joke, the kiss of a child, the cool breeze. I am finding that awake, God is not contained in quiet time or meditation, but is present in each moment.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- lisa carlton
- Hmmm...Who am I? let's see the facts first. I'm 48 years old, married to my high school sweet heart, Bob. I I'm a mess most of the time, but everyone always thinks I really have it together. I love to listen to people and hear their stories. Art and writing are my spiritual practices. I deeply believe in god and that god is love. My theology is wide and constantly changing. When I was 18 I wrote out 4 pages single spaced on spiritual questions I had about life. I'm not sure I've answered any of them.
1 comment:
Keep up the good work!
I have a car luxury ny rental
site/blog. It pretty much covers car luxury ny rental related stuff.
Come visit, if you have the time.
Post a Comment