I went on a brief trip to Texas to visit my parents. Katie and I also got to go visit my brother’s lake house. It was much fun. In one day she caught 5 fish, jumped off a boat, and learned to play ping pong. It was also the first time she had spent much time with my brother’s boys. They had a great time. I enjoyed it too.
I’m glad to be home. The older I get the more I just like to be home. Bob and I had a lovely afternoon hanging by the pool today.
I’ve really been missing Mary. She is in Mexico for 6 weeks with www.amigoslink.org. It is hard to have her gone and she has been sick during the trip. I am so proud of her. She is working in a small village teaching at a day camp with 2 other high school students.
Since I’ve stopped working I notice that I am worrying more about the girls. I worry if they are safe. I worry if they have the right friends. I worry that I haven’t taught them the “right” things. I worry ….I just worry.
Worry is from fear…fear that things aren’t going to work out …fear that something bad is going to happen. Worry is tiring and draining. Worry never helps things. Most of the bad things that have happened to me were too hideous to even imagine worrying about.
So my goal for the week is to just stop! When I want to worry about the girls I am just going to lift up a prayer of gratitude for the gifts they are in my life. I have no idea if this is going to work. I’ll keep you posted.
Sunday, July 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- lisa carlton
- Hmmm...Who am I? let's see the facts first. I'm 48 years old, married to my high school sweet heart, Bob. I I'm a mess most of the time, but everyone always thinks I really have it together. I love to listen to people and hear their stories. Art and writing are my spiritual practices. I deeply believe in god and that god is love. My theology is wide and constantly changing. When I was 18 I wrote out 4 pages single spaced on spiritual questions I had about life. I'm not sure I've answered any of them.
1 comment:
worry is a perfect subject for me today. my boys are going off to surf camp in san diego for two weeks and i have fears and worries about them there and me here without them.
here's some words on fear and faith that i have heard recently. faith is freedom from worry. faith is being present and in the now, fear is in the future and takes us away from the now.
queer acronyms that work for me:
FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real
FAITH=Finding Answers In The Heart,
or Fear Ain't In This House.
Post a Comment