It hit me that this idea could translate to worship gatherings. So many faith communities are struggling for space and with money. What if they set up shop in non traditional locations? Join us for worship at the park, the museum, bingo hall, the diner, the office building, the skating rink, homeless shelter. One thing I really like about this "pop up" concept is that it is outwardly rather than inwardly focused. Go out and be with people where they are.
I know there are all sorts of problems with this idea- where to keep our "stuff", how will people know where to find us, would money decrease.
More than anything it reminded me how faith communities become stale so easily- we settle - we get too comfortable. There are so many wonderful creative things happening in the world. Let's join in the party!
1 comment:
Love it - makes me think of the church as flash mob. I really think this is right on.
Also makes me think of Improv Everywhere as an exmaple.
Post a Comment